The WMU-Cooley Law School Graduate Program in Insurance Law recently welcomed David Kramer, a principal at Gemini Risk Partners, for an important discussion about legal risk management for practicing attorneys. Mr. Kramer, who is an attorney himself, is an insurance expert with many years of experience in counseling law practices on their professional liability insurance needs and risk management activities. Mr. Kramer shares valuable insights and information with WMU-Cooley Professor and LL.M. Director of Insurance Law Lisa DeMoss on the liability insurance product market, best risk management practices and current issues of concern to law practices generally.
The :30 minute program answers these questions and more:
- Who needs it?
- What types of products are available?
- How does an attorney determine what type of insurance protection best suits practice needs?
- How much is needed?
- What should attorneys know before shopping for coverage?
- What factors determine premium costs?
- Can you give us a sense of what the current issues are in professional liability risk exposure?
- What are some best practice tips to minimize professional liability exposure?
Thinking of advancing your legal career with an LL.M. degree?